Submit an application for a General Fishing Licence (sportfishing)
To fish for just about any types of seafood (except salmon) in fresh water in Nova Scotia, you have to have a General Fishing Licence. You need certainly to follow provincial and fishing that is federal, including periods, gear and case limitations. A General Fishing Licence is not legitimate for salmon fishing.
You’ll want a General Fishing Licence to fish for just about any types of seafood (except salmon) in fresh water in Nova Scotia. ThereвЂ™s a separate licence to seafood for salmon.
It is possible to submit an application for a regular (yearly) licence or a 1-day licence. The regular (yearly) licence is legitimate from 1 April of this present 12 months to 31 March of this the following year. The 1-day licence is legitimate for one day just.
You need to confirm what date youвЂ™re going to use the licence to fish when you apply for the 1-day licence. You can easily only fish on that time.
You can easily make an application for a 1-day licence more than when in identical period if the dates youвЂ™re likely to make use of the licence to seafood are very different times.
Where you could and canвЂ™t seafood
As a licence owner, youвЂ™re allowed to fish in lakes, streams and channels throughout the available fishing period. You arenвЂ™t permitted to fish in independently owned fishponds, rearing ponds, nature reserves or nationwide areas.
You donвЂ™t desire a licence to seafood in tidal or sodium water, however you have to follow federal and rules that are provincial fishing.
Fishing guidelines and restrictions
You will need to follow provincial and federal fishing guidelines while fishing, including:
- where and when you are able to fish
- types, size and quantity of seafood you are able to keep
- that which you can make use of for bait and tackle
- everything you can and canвЂ™t do in certain places
You ought to carry your licence with you while fishing. Print a paper content of one’s licence. Or have the licence readily available for viewing in your phone.
Find out about the fishing guidelines in the AnglersвЂ™ Handbook.
You will need to submit a General Fishing Licence Report Card within 1 week of this end associated with the fishing period (even though you didnвЂ™t catch any seafood).
You are able to replace a lost licence at your Department that is local of and Forestry workplace.
If you have got a impairment
When you yourself have a impairment, you might be eligible for a General Fishing Licence free of charge. Contact your Department that is local of and Forestry workplace to learn more.
You have to be 16 or older to use for a General Fishing Licence. You donвЂ™t need a licence if youвЂ™re 15 or more youthful. Both residents and non-residents need certainly to use.
YouвЂ™re considered a resident in the event that you meet at the very least 1 of the requirements:
- youвЂ™ve resided in Nova Scotia for at the least 2 months instantly before using for a licence
- you had been created in Nova Scotia and very very own estate that is real the province
- youвЂ™re an officer of the diplomatic or consular solution of any country that is foreign in Nova Scotia
- youвЂ™re an associate of this Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) or the Canadian Armed Forces stationed or born in Nova Scotia
How exactly to use
- Apply on line when it comes to licence.
- Look at the application for information on all required supporting papers.
- Include payment along with your application.
- Submit your finished application, supporting papers and payment.
- The Inland Fisheries Division emails you the licence. Keep a duplicate for the records.
Just how long it requires
The licence is got by you straight away. It could take more time if more info is required or if perhaps the job hasnвЂ™t been filled in properly.
re re Payment choices
Visa, MasterCard, United states Express, InteracВ® on line, debit card, cheque, cash purchase, money. a money or cheque purchase must certanly be made payable towards the Minister of Finance. Re re Payment choices can vary according to the manner in which you use.
- know very well what time you intend to fish if trying to get a 1-day licence
- have actually a contact target if using online (this is how the licence is delivered)
You need to pay the fee by credit card (Visa, MasterCard or American Express) or InteracВ® Online when you apply online. In addition require a contact target so the licence can be got by you.
It is possible to make an application for and get a licence at a fishing licence vendor if youвЂ™re not able to apply online. Just take your proof age and residency ( just like a DriverвЂ™s Licence or Health Card) into the fishing licence merchant whenever using.
You canвЂ™t restore your General Fishing Licence, you could make an application for a brand new one.