Asian Women Giving Circle, Ask For Give Proposals 2020
Demand for Proposals 2020
Females, Arts & Equitable Personal Change
Deadline to utilize: Friday, March 13, 2020, 5 pm EST
The Asian Women Giving Circle (AWGC) believes tradition can play a important part in any technique for social modification. We help Asian United states feminine artists and organizations that are women-led NYC which are making use of arts and tradition to:
- Bring hot puerto-rico brides search transformation that is about social prioritizes equity
- Raise understanding and catalyze action around critical conditions that affect Asian US females, girls and families, and
- Highlight and improve women’s central role as leaders, creators, designers and supervisors of those tasks.
In this cycle that is grant we anticipate awarding specific grants to 5-8 jobs, contingent on available financing. The utmost grant quantity is $15,000. For the description of previous task grants, be sure to go to our site: www. Asianwomengivingcircle.org
TAKE NOTE: Starting this and moving forward, AWGC strongly encourages individual artists to apply year. We’re doubling down on our dedication to help bold and innovate vision that is artistic all procedures, especially in music, party, drama, literary, performance, artistic and interdisciplinary arts.
Established in 2005, the AWGC is a collaboration of Asian US women in new york who’re passionate about amplifying the transformative energy of arts and tradition to bring about modern modification. We promote grassroots philanthropy and pool our resources to finance jobs led by Asian US women that utilize their imagination to maneuver hearts, minds and communities become free from fear, bias and injustice.
Whom We Have Been
Launched in 2005, the AWGC is really a collective of Asian US ladies in new york who’re passionate about amplifying the transformative energy of arts and culture to impact change that is progressive. We have been a fund that is donor-advised the Ms. Foundation for ladies, which distributes our funds entirely at our way.
AWGC funds individual music artists and community groups whose tasks subscribe to progressive social and governmental modification. Since our founding, we now have awarded and raised over $1 million to get over 80 jobs.
Our Mission and Goals
We promote grassroots philanthropy and pool resources to fund projects led by Asian US ladies who utilize their creativity to go hearts, minds and communities become free from fear, bias and injustice.
Our objectives are to:
- Channel more resources into our communities that are local
- Engage more and more people to buy imaginative tasks by as well as for our communities
- Shine a spotlight that is authentic our experiences and tales
- Improve modern change that is social
- Improve the visibility of Asian US females doing work that is philanthropic
- This RFP is available to both 501()( that is c) companies and specific designers
- Artists and collectives that aren’t 501(c)(3)s must use under a financial sponsor this is certainly a 501(c)(3) organization, that they must record on their application once the organization that is applying.
- NOTE: Failure to present 501()( that is c) documents or even supply a financial sponsor with the exact same will immediately disqualify the applying.
- All creative procedures will soon be considered, including cross-disciplinary work
- Candidates should explain the way they want to determine and determine effect
- Jobs must:
- Integrate the arts within an way that is integral
- Highlight women’s leadership and/or role that is central
- Indicate a deep commitment to a certain community in NYC
- Hardly ever, we’re going to help a task which has had impact that is national
- Funds should be applied to projects that are specific cannot support the organization’s ongoing programs, operations, money or endowments
- Candidates could be at any phase within their professions but should have a history of developed work that shows their ability to complete the project that is proposed manage the funds required
That Which We Do Not Fund
- Money or endowment campaigns
- Gear purchases
- Help to handle crises that are financial shortfalls
- Solely individual works of creative phrase with small or no justice impact that is social
- Documentation that is primarily of social events
- Shows or personalities that don’t offer a social modification analysis or justice focus that is social
- Pupil productions or tasks connected with a diploma system and educational credit
All applications are evaluated by AWGC’s Steering Committee which advances a list that is short of. These finalists are then voted on by all donors who possess added to the grantmaking pool via email ballot. Last grant allocation choices are available by the Steering Committee and presented to your sponsor that is fiscal Ms. Foundation for females. The Ms. Foundation disburses the funds entirely at our way.
Applications will undoubtedly be evaluated because of the AWGC Steering Committee on such basis as:
- The quality of the task concept with regards to change that is social
- The prospective effect for the task to alter hearts, minds and communities towards equitable social modification
- The artist’s or organization’s strong commitment to a particular community in NYC (noting again that individuals have actually seldom funded a task that includes nationwide range)
- The main role of Asian US women and girls within the project’s conceptual framework, design and execution
- The artist’s or organization’s ability to accomplish the task and make use of the grant funds effortlessly
- Notification of Grant Awards is made by mid-June 2020
- All grantees are going to be necessary to submit a narrative and monetary report at the conclusion regarding the grant 12 months (June 2021)
Simple tips to utilize
This RFP is administered through the funds portal associated with Ms. Foundation for females. Applications would be accepted ONLY via this process that is online.
Tax-Exempt Reputation Verification
Please offer a copy of the organization’s IRS tax-exempt dedication page. In the event the tax-exempt status is pending or you are using under a financial sponsor, connect a copy of the fiscal sponsor’s many present IRS dedication page along side a finalized Memorandum of knowing that establishes sponsorship that is fiscal. Please usually do not connect a duplicate of the social protection or tax status that is personal. We are able to only accept a 501()( that is c) page from your own company or your financial sponsor’s company.
Work Samples and Supplemental Movie Application
Work examples and video that is supplemental are optional but motivated. Your projects sample should ideally be a present representation associated with the project’s proposed tasks. ON LINE SAMPLES ARE FAVORED. Mailed examples won’t be came back. Be sure to mark the name to your sample of the company and task.
Appropriate work examples are:
- Backlink to online video clip, CD or DVD (maximum. Three full minutes in size); please consist of cue instructions and URL (if sharing online test) in narrative above
- Complex copies or pictures or images that are scannedmax of 5)
- Penned materials (maximum pages that are 10-12 – we shall NOT browse entire scripts, remedies, books etc.
Work examples are mailed towards the after target and should be gotten by 5 pm EST, Friday, March 13, 2020:
Asian Women Giving Circle
C/o Ms. Foundation for females
12 MetroTech Center, 26 th flooring
Brooklyn, NY 11201
Structure for Proposals
Narrative must follow the format that is following
- Type, make use of font that is 12-point and single-space
- Answer all of the relevant concerns within the purchase detailed
- 10 pages maximum ( not including work sample if appropriate)
- Save in PDF format